Thoughts & Feelings
I will be saying a much relieved goodbye to July, it sure has been a month, not bad nor good. I mean, a lot of good things have happened but it’s been a bit of a roller coaster mentally with social anxiety being a big part and stopping me from enjoying things, which sucks a lot because I’ve always been socially awkward but never really considered myself to really have social anxiety.
There’s also been a lot of stress around work and feeling drained after a days work due to the heat and pressure. Which has then lead me onto thinking about changing jobs and then stressing myself out even more about what is it I even want to do? And then that leads onto me thinking about how many different thing’s I’ve tried and end up failing.. Long story short, it’s a big downwards spiral of self pity and being too harsh on myself, all of that.
Anyway, moving onto some positivity;
What I’ve Been Up To
- I went to my first ever concert! You can read it here, I recommend it, lol.
- I went to my boyfriends brothers wedding, it was absolutely beautiful!
- Me and my boyfriend went on the loveliest day out getting lost and had a fab picnic.
- Me and my boyfriend went to the Natural History Museum and then I went again with mum.
- Invited my brother and his girlfriend round and we all ordered pizza and had a game night which was so much fun.
- Not to toot my own horn but, The picture of the reservoir is definitely my favourite picture I’ve taken in July.
- I have gained a love for Irregular Choice shoes, especially the red ones in the middle picture.
- My tortoise! Jeeves. I feel like we bonded a lot more, he’s lovely.
August To-Do’s & Goals
- I have a massive urge to dye my hair purple, so why not? Though I’m not sure my boyfriend would appreciate the recklessness, hah.
- A day out in London! I’ve said this from the beginning of the year but money seems to fall through my hands, but I do have a trip booked next week which I’m hoping to do a post on! (You can read said post here)
- Harry Potter movie marathon
- Calm down, I get myself so worked up sometimes about the little things. Like, I was 4 minutes late for work, calm down, it’s not the end of the world.
- Keep involved with blogging. I feel like sometimes I’ll go through stages where I don’t interact at all, I want more of a constant interaction and put a little more effort in.
- Push my comfort zones with style, meaning I should go and buy non-plain playsuits and stop being a plain jane, not that there’s anything wrong with plain (don’t get me wrong, you can’t beat it sometimes) but I just want to have a play around with wearing things I wouldn’t normally wear.
- Sort out a new header and logo for my blog
What’s going on in your August? Do you have any goals?